Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Bloger at 92


Dancer Mrinalini Sarabhai sets up blog, Twitter and Facebook to follow

Blogging has come of age in India. Ninety-two-year-old Mrinalini Sarabhai is the latest to hop onto the bandwagon. The legendary dancer has set up a blog on Blogger.com.

"Ageing is a mindset. keep working, keep interested and active!" she begins. It was her 26-year-old grandson, Revanta, who urged her into hitting the keyboard.

Not a lifestory

Blogs aren't new to Mrinalini: "I am a passionate reader, always open to the throbs of the contemporary world. The word 'blog' was always there in my vocabulary.

Whenever I hear about some interesting posts by people, I always check them out."

The Padma Bhushan recipient plans to share personal anecdotes and random thoughts across her e-journal, which has two posts so far.

She is making sure the blog doesn't reas like the story of her life. her autobiography was published in 2004. "I don't think I should 'trouble' my readers again," she says.

Tweeting is next. Says Sarabhai, "I will share my blog contents through Twitter and Facebook."

No comments:

Post a Comment