Friday, July 16, 2010

Matchmaking mum's web bid to find son a girlfriend

July 16, 2010

Date MySingleKid lets moms post particulars about their sons - or daughters, grandkids, nieces and nephews

New York: A New York woman said her previous failed efforts to find her 31-year-old son his dream woman led her to create a matchmaking website for her fellow parents.

Geri Brin, Proprietor of the Web site faboverfifty.com, said she added a "Date My single Kid" section to help parents who want to find the perfect matches for their single children, the New York Post reported.

"I've been fixing my son up for about five years," Brin said. "I even set him up with the saleswoman at the upholsterer I used to re-cover my sofa. I figured I might as well cast a wide net to increase his odds of findings the right woman since he's not hitting the jackpot on his own,"

Brin said like-minded parents and their adult children have thus far signed up for the free service.

"I thought, yeah, I'm starting a whole website and investing hundreds of thousands of dollars just to fix my son up," Brin joked.

Colby is not at all surprised by his mother's latest project. "One thing about my mom," Colby joked," she has perseverance. I can picture her on her death bed...choking out the girl?' before fading into darkness."

"Literally," he said, "if she hears of a single woman, she'll mention it to me. It's almost like a synapse in her brain that's been conditioned to automatically fire."

Colby isn't the least bit embarrassed about being fixed up by his mom. "Look, I'm a Jewish guy who grew up in New York," he said.

"Obviously, I'm a momma's boy. Who are you kidding?" "All the kids have to do is roll their eyes and blame mom for getting them involved," she said.

Besides Geri's personal interest in the site, she believes it's unique business opportunity. So far, she's attracted 20 parents and their adult kids to sign up.

No comments:

Post a Comment